Welcome to the Iron Sharpens Iron Men’s Group
A man, instead of studying alone, may reach a better understanding of God’s Word in a group of men reading and studying together. There are benefits and advantages in conversation. Wise and profitable discussion will sharpen a man’s wits and add to his store of knowledge. Fellowship sharpens a man and cheers the spirits, puts a briskness and liveliness into his attitude and shows he is at peace with himself and makes him pleasing to those about him. In this fellowship, a true man of God understands that his walk with God is not in isolation, but in communion with the Body of Christ as each comes alongside to bear one another’s burdens and so fulfil the law of Christ.
WHO WE ARE
We gather on Saturday evening each month. In our fellowship, conversation, and study of God’s Word, we strive to improve both others and ourselves, to gain a better understanding of what God would have us do as we face men’s issues in this day and age, and to provoke one another to love and to good works and so to make one another wiser and better.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.